Sunday, May 10, 2015

Camera: Nikonas V

I put in a $105 USD offer for  this Nikonas V which is in great shape and located in Japan.  I am bidding on a damaged Nikonas III as well but the body is damaged as it only shoots at 1/60 of a second. My plan is to take the 28mm lens off the Nikonas III which I should get at a great price and then attach it to a higher end Nikonas V body.

I have no underwater cameras in my vast camera collection. I always wanted one of these and they are going dirt cheap so why not buy one. This camera and lens works out to the same price as a box of 11x14 fibre photo paper. I want to try shooting figures underwater and also possibly use this camera in very bad weather conditions where I am scared to take out my more expensive and sensitive equipment. Another cheap formerly expensive photo toy to play with!!

Update: Won both auctions, the total cost was $275 CAD including shipping (maybe some duty/GST yet). So that's not to bad, a bit more than a box of 11x14, probably about the cost of a box of 16x20 paper. I wonder what I can do with the damaged Nikkonas III body, it is not really worth repairing, could try selling it on Ebay. The 28mm lens and the Nikkonas V should make a nice addition to my camera collection. I might take it with me on my next trip to Thai, lots of water there!

Nikonas V Underwater Camera