Sunday, April 26, 2015

Photo Idea: Ring Flash Portraits

I was thinking of doing the "Lost Innocence" brothel worker series using a Hasselblad 6x6 camera and ringflash, that is still a go, but I am thinking of expanding the idea. What if I did portraits of people int he dump like that, or muay thai boxers etc. I could create a series of portraits through out Thai using the blad and ringflash. I like the harsh look that direct flash creates. That type of negative in combination with the higher contrast printing I can do with the Durst 1200, should make for some pretty strong, stark images.

If you like a technique, if it says what you want to say with your photography, why not use it to the limit, push things to the edge. In my minds eye I can see a gallery filled with those types of portraits, I think it would very compelling.