Thursday, April 9, 2015

No More Gear

Decided against getting both the blad 120mm lens and the Plaubel Makina 67. I have enough gear, I should be able to find what I need amongst all the cameras and lens I have bought over the last 30 plus years. People get to hooked on gear, I have gotten to hooked on photo toys, time to end that cycle.

I have many cameras, I have 4 freezers loaded with film. I am running out of life! It is not the time to buy more cameras or lens, it is the time to create, the time to make the photographs is now. I will use my money to pay for airfare to Asia, for food, for accommodations, and for the freedom to create.

Enough of this buying more gear crap!

I plan on testing with 3 different camera systems in the next few weeks. I am trying to find the right bokeh. I will work with he Hasselblad with 80mm at f2.8, the Linhof 5.7 and 210mm lens at F5.6 and the Fuji 690 90mm 6x9 camera at F3.5.