Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dreamt Of Dad

I have not dreamt about dad for a while but last night I did. In the dream I was called over to see a video. The video was playing on one of those old tape style machines that were used by schools in the early 80s, one of those big clunker heavy duty tape machines that weighed 60 pounds and had crappy quality. In the video my father and mother were watching me as a child. A group of children were playing a game and their parents were standing and watching from the side. As dad watched he had a big smile on his face, he was so happy, so pleased to be watching his young son. In the dream I could see him laughing with a big smile on his face, he had gleaming white teeth. He looked so happy and alive.

Our shared birthday is soon, this is the first year I will have a birthday without my father. The first year I will not be able to say "Happy birthday dad!" and hear back "Happy birthday Gerald!"

I miss him so much.