Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Dad's Name

I had a new idea regarding the book dedication thing. Why not just forget the dedication entirely and give my father credit for the entire book? I could put dads name on the spine and front cover of the book as the creator of everything, the taker of the photos. I am not sure if it is ethical or even possible but if it pays tribute to my father, why not try! Dad would get his name shown on the book much more prominently, maybe as many as 3 times. This idea would allow him to remembered, his name would not be forgotten. The subjects of the portraits would also treated properly, their stories told.

Everything might work out better that way. I need no personal credit or applause, who cares about that silly stuff. My dream would be to go to a library 10-15 years from now and see my fathers name on a book jacket, his name would live on, a part of him would not die. It could be a small thank you to him from his son. Am not sure a real publisher would go for this idea, maybe even illegal but it's worth trying.