Thursday, March 12, 2015

Where? To Find The Children For "Forgotten Laughter"?

The "Forgotten Laughter" project will be a series of large format portraits done of children living in poverty in South East Asia. As I was doing my first round tonight, I started thinking, which children? Where would I make the pictures?

I need to research this at length to find new locations, the possible places that come to mind immediately are as follows. I have photographed in these areas before so I know they would work.

1) Bangkok, Thailand Klong Toey slum, Thai children
2) Mae Sot, Thailand garbage dump, Burmese (Karen) children
3) Kathmandu, Nepal slums and street children, Nepalese children.
4) Poipet Cambodia slum, Cambodia (Khmer) children.
5) Bangkok Muay Thai slum gym, Thai children

I need to find other countries to make the "Forgotten Laughter" pictures, possibly Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. The ideal would be if I could do 200 strong portraits in 7-8 countries and then cut those down to a top 50 or 75 for the book.