Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hiding Behind The Camera

Shooting pictures of dad this last year and at his funeral allowed me to hide behind my camera sometimes. Sometimes your so overwhelmed by all the emotions of your fathers illness that it was good to have a camera, and concentrate on other things like lighting, tech stuff, composition etc. Of course with a camera your also intensifying the experience because your concentrating so hard but it does allow for a distraction from the tears. The camera allowed me to think of something else for a while. The project as a whole "My Fathers Last Days" gave me other things to think about during that difficult time. Now after dad is gone I also have those negatives. I can remember him, make prints and spend time with my father whenever I go into the darkroom.