Monday, February 16, 2015

Todays Dad Visit

Tonight talked to dad quite a bit. The morphine affects him somewhat as he goes off on strange tangents at times. For the most part thou dad is still with us, still talking. I told him about work stuff and other things, we talked about family, the photography etc. I asked him if it was OK to do a large format portrait this week. I told him I wanted to do the photo for the Rosebud show. He said that it would be OK to do it. So I will probably try to do a few shoots this week. I am worried about movement in the low light conditions. Will see how it goes, will do my best.

I guess one of dads caregivers a nurse was quite impressed with all the photos, said it was a great thing to be doing. The nurse even had heard (not sure where) about our photo exhibition and wanted to attend. She told mom she hoped the government would see the work and that would help with funding. That is more of a dream than a reality, thou I think her sentiments and hopes are correct. I guess so many of her patients come and go without so much as a ripple, and she felt to make the photos of the persons actual life with cancer, could have positive long term effects. At worst? nothing will happen just like with all the other folks who go through this and are not photographed. At best? who knows, anything is possible.