Saturday, February 7, 2015

People Loved The Dad Photos

I got tons of compliments on the dad work, maybe more so than the dump. I need to tell dad about that tomorrow, and to thank him for giving me the freedom to make the photographs. One person who saw the work even knew dad from his days playing drums in wedding bands. The compliments came from a wide variety of people, one man who talked about the work at length was a surgeon. He told me he deals with these issues daily. Another young man told me how his friend has Leukaemia (in remission), and how strong the work was. Compliment after compliment on the dad pics, one older woman talked to me about how the photos moved her. I told her I would tell dad and she said "Please Do!".

There was so much intensity of emotion, at times I was not sure how to respond. Anyway a beautiful thing, memories I will cherish. I will tell dad tomorrow how everyone loved his photographs.