Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Expecting A Full House And Great Food!

The opening reception is going to be a packed affair. Larry has 80 people who are coming, I probably have around 35-40. So if everyone shows up and with a few walk-ons we are potentially talking 110-130 guests. That's a ton of folks, I hope it's not to crowded. My little room upstairs where I have the dump pictures might get too full.

Of my 40 guests most are friends, not many photo club folks are showing. Two of my regular visitors from the club photo world are traveling outside the country so cannot attend. Most of the other photo clubs folks are rather indifferent to photography exhibitions. I did get one request to attend from an old club member. He is a former MG photography club dude (were both blacklisted, so have that in common : )). He asked to attend with another current MG club member and even thou we have a full house I told him to come on down. It is always a bonus to have photo people coming to photography shows!! Photo folks need to help support other photo folks. If we were all there for each other when needed, the photo scene in Edmonton would be so much better. We all need to get past our selfishness, jealousies and angers. Maybe with a bit of tolerance, understanding, cooperation and effort we can actually get photography in Edmonton, Alberta Canada rocking! Wouldn't that be something!

Larry's wife Joanna is going all out food wise on this thing. He told me she has been up every night this week until 1am cooking deserts and the like. There will be sushi, wine, pop, hot foods, cold foods and lots of deserts. It should be fricking awesome! This should be the best produced show I have ever been lucky enough to be part of. I owe Larry and Joanna a big thank you for the opportunity to show in their gallery.

Hopefully everyone who comes to the opening receptions is moved by the photography and has a enjoyable time at the event. More importantly I hope the people who visit come away with a greater understanding about the lives of the people Larry and I had the privilege to photograph.