Saturday, February 28, 2015

Capturing Sound On Video

I am trying to save money these days but I need to purchase another piece of gear. I want to do photo story vids for YouTube and to do that you need to able to record sound properly. Larry Wong during the show interview I did for the Edmonton Journal website turned me onto to a cordless microphone system. Larry W recommended it so it has to be good quality stuff, the system is called the Sennheiser Wireless Professional Microphone. There are various versions on eBay G2 (what Larry used) and a newer G3 system. Currently I am bidding and watching numerous used auctions. I hope I can get something used that works well and that will save me $200-300 in costs over the new stuff.

I might also be able to use this unit in Asia if I do some documentary video work in the future.

Sennheiser G3 Wireless Microphone System, $578.99 USD