Monday, February 2, 2015

Busy Week Ahead

Well finished my work week and now I have a busy week ahead. Here are some of the photo things that need to be done.

1) Monday - Friday,  pass out around 25 "Exposure Photo Festival" magazines. I will try placing these in various businesses, buildings around town. I might also be doing my part of a CBC radio interview, not sure this is 100% going to happen or when exactly. I have been contacted by the reporter via email and given him my phone numbers, he is supposed to call soon. Hopefully if it happens I will be able to raise awareness into the lives of the families of the dump.

2) Tuesday,  hang the dad photos and change 2 maybe more of the dump images.

3) Attempt to make my first photo story video (thanks James for the idea).

4) Thursday, do an artist talk with Larry for the NAIT 2nd year fine art students at the gallery.

5) Saturday, the opening reception, artist talk, helping Larry and Joanna set up and take everything down. I will also be shooting plenty of video footage so I can later use it in the exhibition video I will make. I will also be taking my iMac down to the gallery to play the context video I made of my time in the dump. Originally the plan was to put both Larry and I on the video but that is not going to happen, now it will be me alone. I will run the video in a continuous loop at the opening reception only, 10 minutes 30 seconds at a time.

That's quite a bit of stuff to do, plus of course I have to spend time with my father, help with his hospital bed setup and all my other regular weekly chores.

Busy busy busy but it's a good kind of busy, a happy busy. Doing the artist talk at the reception should be a blast, there might be over 100 people trying to listen and fit into the gallery space. Some will no doubt miss it, leave early or come late, or maybe just not go upstairs for the talk but there should still be a full house to speak to. It will be a great opportunity to tell the stories of the people that allowed me to photograph them.

I hope someday to be able to do high end talks at high end facilities like the AGA here in Edmonton. Talks like the ones Thursday and Saturday are a training ground for potential larger opportunities later on. One brick at a time builds the cathedral!

As I type this I am running the dump context movie on the mac. It is running in a loop in full screen mode, it looks great. Everything should work fine. I need to clean up the screen a bit, wipe it down and then will put the computer in its box for the show. Everything is coming together very nicely.