Friday, January 23, 2015

Working On Talk

Spent an hour or so trying to itemize the topics I want to go over for my coming exhibition talks. Basically it breaks to this.

- Thank you's to a variety of folks
- Who I am, my photo history
- Current exhibition projects

I have a bunch of stuff written up but will not have notes when I talk. I want to just have some ideas in my head that I will go over in written form before I speak. I will talk directly to the folks and not use notes. I have done it this way ever artist talk so I am not going to change now. I think people respond better when you are animated and looking them in the eye and speak from the heart, not when your head is down and your reading.

The goal is to improve at these things each time out. These will be my 5th and 6th artist talks.