Thursday, January 22, 2015

Story Videos

I plan to follow the advice of James an online friend and make some Story Videos soon. Got my gear together, am a bit worried about sound quality but I am going to give it a try. Probably make up 3 or 4 different videos of me standing in front of the photo and telling stories. James sent me some links with Sebastiao Salgado doing this and they were very effective vids. Of course my photos are not Salgado quality but I should be able to tell some entertaining tales.

I do not really like the idea of being in front of the camera instead of behind it. Will probably do the vids in the weeks after the opening when I have more time for that sort of thing. I have never thought the photos were about me, about being a famous person/artist/photographer. I have always dreamed of making photos that tell the stories of my subjects, I am unimportant. I have to move in front of the camera for this project, which is a bit unnerving. But if it is for a good cause, if the Video Stories can help raise awareness about the people who I photograph, I am all for it!