Thursday, January 22, 2015

Still Struggling With Dad Print

Still working on the dad print from last time off. Made two attempts at it and ran out of the one photo paper I was using. Now onto another paper but not sure which it is, seems a bit better to work with. Not knowing your tools makes things so difficult. Still I have to use up all this old stuff before it goes bad.  I have enough of this paper to probably do this print and at least one more neg, maybe two more.

Update* I managed to print 5 more pics with the second mystery paper. It gave a bit more tonality to the image that worked well. I think one of those 5 should work for the show. I am doing the first wash, will let the prints dry and then look them over tomorrow. If I need to make one or two more I will do so tomorrow.

I think my next neg will be a full length 35mm horizontal of dad in bed. I will try and print 8 photos with the hope of getting 7 that work. If I got the photo today, that makes 6, so need 2 more workable negs. I am eyeing a 5x7 negative along with several 35mm and 1 or 2 120 negs. Not sure which ones I will choose.