Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sale?

As I have been replacing some of the Klong Toey prints with dump photos over the last while a rather desperate thought has occurred. Why not try to sell these things at any cost? They are just going to be sitting in a box from now on, maybe if I put them on eBay I can get 1 or 2 hundred dollars for them. Any money I make goes back into my photograph and some of the Klong Toey photos are quite beautiful. Maybe someone somewhere will take pity on me and buy some work. It has been so long since I sold something I have forgotten the feeling. 3 years? 4 years? Something like that.

If I could get hundred bucks plus shipping for one of these large 16x20 prints that would pay for 5 nights hotel rent in Mae Sot. I could make a bunch of photos of the families and basically stay rent free. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I might try putting a print on eBay and see what happens. Hundred dollars is better than a forgotten print in a box.