Friday, January 16, 2015

Posters For "Living on the Margins" Exhibition And "Exposure Photography Festival 2015"

Larry is printing up 3 super large 48inch by 60inch foam core posters for the coming exhibition. He will place the posters in his windows to advertise our show"Living on the Margins" and the "Exposure Photoraphy Festival" My poster photo is much more grainy than Larry's as its from a cropped (40%?) 35mm Tri-x negative. I actually prefer my more centered wider composition (see bottom older version poster) of the scene. In the show you can see my original photo uncropped and printed lighter. Still all in all these advertisting posters are great to have, they should bring in people off the street and help raise awareness about the lives of our subjects. I owe the people who I photographed a great debt, I want as many people as possible to learn about their lives.

Come on down folks and check out the show, I am sure you will find it educational, maybe even emostionally moving.

Note* All the good work designing these posters from scratch was done by Larry's wife Joanna.

Posters being printed for the coming show.
Original version poster and my composition of the scene