Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ordered My 9 Magazines For The Exhibition Today

I ordered the 9 magazines I will have at the show opening night. There are 3 different mags, 1 on dad, 1 on a group of mixed photos and 1 on contact sheet scans. Some of the mags are over 20 pages. The total cost was cheaper as I able to combine shipping (a bit cheaper I think not a lot). I will offer these things for $15 or $20 at the exhibitions opening night. Not that I expect to sell anything but they will be a nice items for people to hold and browse through. If I do sell anything I will use the money to buy more film. I also being like being able to show a larger variety of work, including shots from, Klong Toey slum, the bargirl sex workers series (never shown anywhere) and Cambodia.

The quality of these mags is quite good, the best of anything I have seen printed on these new self publish online sites. The mags were ordered from blurb.com. I used the $45USD voucher I got from blurb because of the printing issue last time round. Total cost was $95.92 USD minus the voucher $50.92 USD. That works out to $61.84 CAD. The mags should arrive over 2 weeks before the show opening night, by January 20th.

Whew!!, another job done. I need to finish up the video as soon as I get Larry's raw footage (still waiting on that). Then of course the little item of the 20 or so framed archival 16x20 fibre photographs!