Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bought More Bulk Tri-x

I ordered more film from amazon.ca even thou I probably do not need it. I have a problem laying off Tri-x when there is discount. In the past I have been criticized for buying film instead of spending it on social outings. Film is the heart of analog photography, especially when you find a good one, buy and shoot it to death!!! With Kodak being so fragile the more Tri-x I have in my freezers the safer I feel. I probably have a 10-15 year supply now, maybe even 20 years. That is comforting. I am almost set for life.

B&H Tri-x bulk 100 feet  $94.95 USD
Henry Camera Tri-x bulk 100 feet  $119.99 CAD
Amazon.ca Tri-x bulk 100 feet  $70.97 CAD

I bought 3 more rolls of this stuff, it is not outdated so I will probably use this last after I shoot the other several dozen boxes I have in my freezers. I saved about $49 a roll. I also got free shipping. I wonder how many boxes of bulk Tri-x I have? I have it in 2 or maybe 3 different deep freezers so never counted, I might have as many as 50 or possibly even more. Guess I should stop buying and start shooting. If I take an extended trip  (6 months plus) I would probably shoot 15 boxes or more.
Throw in the 120, 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 Tri-x and thats a ton of film!!!

Bulk 100 foot Tri-x