Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Todays Work

Got up early to do some more secondary printing. I ended up doing another 12 photographs. Some look good, some look not so good. I am also continuing the flattening print process, almost out of prints for that.  I will have another 12 tomorrow to work on.

I am meeting Larry for dinner tonight, he is going to show me his latest digi work from Bangladesh and Nepal. One of the huge advantages of doing digital and having another person to help with the printing is that everything is so damn fast. He was there a few weeks ago and already has some sample prints ready to show for it. If it was me and film I would have maybe only 10% of the film developed at this stage. I would not be able to show work in print form for maybe another 6 months.

So far I am not so pleased my my digital work, I find the camera cumbersome and not intuitive like with the Leica's or Linhof's. I will take the digi and probably my two lens with me my next long Asia trip. If I am there for 6 months or 8 months not having to carry film for the camera is a big big bonus. I want to become better with this tool and the only way you do that is by using it. Hope its not to much of a distraction, it is not exactly simplification to take MORE equipment. Larry's work is so beautiful, his (my) camera gear calls at me with photo possibilities, it's hard to ignore.