Sunday, January 11, 2015

First Framed Show Print Ready!!

Did up my first framed exhibition print today (kinda). It is actually not a show print but an enlarged RC contact sheet with markings. Because film is sort of becoming a rare freaky thing, many people have no ideas of the process behind the making of a darkroom print. I wanted to include a contact so that viewers could get an idea of the film process and also see the shots around the chosen frame (always of interest). Plus, it's cool looking and fun to show these thing!! I saw this done when I went to the Gordon Parks exhibition in New Orleans. I thought hey I want to try that, now I can!

When the NAIT fine art students come to see the show, it will be fun to explain what they are looking at, most will probably not know. I also like the fact that it is a different process than Larry's so everyone can learn how are working methods are similar but also quite different. Here is a shot of the framed matted contact that will be shown as a vertical in the gallery.

Framed enlarged contact sheet, the history of photography : )