Monday, January 19, 2015

Final Artist Statements

I was unhappy with bits and pieces of the statements I have mounted so far so am going to try again. I bough some dollar store ($1.25 a small sheet) foam core board and did up a few more photo paper quality print outs. Tonight I need finish up the "Families of the Dump" statement so I can put it up on the gallery wall tomorrow. I bought some reusable poster putty-tak stuff which should work well to hang the statement without damaging the wall. Learned of this stuff from some folks at an old club, thanks mono guild folks!

Update* I ended up doing 2 of each statement, with a new type of dry mount tissue that works better. My problem is that the cheaper foam core board I bought creates a bit of a ripple effect under the paper. I think thou I have 2 good versions of the statements now, 1 of each. I do not think I will have to do any more. The next time I do this for another show, I will be much better at the process. I have it figured out pretty well now. I could run these things off fairly quickly all day, and have them looking good.