Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dad More Up

Visited dad last night, he was doing a bit better. I think mom and I have managed to cheer him up a bit, he seems less down now. He asked for his cinnamon apples to be heated in the microwave. I told him about the dream I had about him, where I found him with his face covered in dripping sweat after cooking all day downstairs in his home. In the dream I sat him down before he collapsed, called mom for help and got him a glass of water.

I think he was happy I visited, he said goodbye to me in such a sweet way when I kissed him on the forehead and left.

I did a google search of life expectancy for people with inoperable stage 3 pancreatic cancer. The average person lives between 3-6 months. Dad was diagnosed at 81, it is now almost 1 year later (February 2014 to January 2015). It is rather amazing that my father is still alive, he is a very strong man.