Wednesday, January 14, 2015

And 5 More Makes 14 Dump Photos Done

Did up another 5 more prints, 5 more spotted and framed. Tonight I did 5 more dump photos which gives me a total of 15 (counting the contact print). The "Families of the Dump" exhibition prints are now completed. I still have many many negs I would like to show from this series, but because of limited room I must cut them out of the show. Overall I think this selection is a nice little sample of life there. I tried to do up a bit of photo essay on life there, showing a variety of things, the mothers taking care of their families, the working in the garbage, the home life and child portraits. Next time round I want to show 30 plus prints, maybe 40 or more. I need to find a venue that is interested in showing the photos first (only a minor problem!).

I have talked with Larry, and will hang the dump part of the show in his gallery early next week. I am about 2 weeks ahead of schedule on the dump work, but still behind on dads stuff, so need to work hard on that next week off. I will post photos and maybe a short video clip of the hanging "Families of the Dump" photographs when their ready. I need to keep my friends out in Internet land informed and up to date!

2 of tonights framed and spotted show prints