Friday, December 19, 2014

Link: Oprah The Interviews

Here is a video link to the quotes I posted earlier. Nelson Mandela was a truly great man, I so wish I would have had the chance to meet him. The thing I find most remarkable is that he was held in prison for 27 years but held no grudges, there was no anger in his heart upon his release. Often in my life I hold little grudges, petty grievances. I know others who hold grudges over the simplest and silliest things, often for years, why? Yet here is a man who had true reasons to hate but overcame it so beautifully. We could all learn from Nelson Mandela,  he set a great example. Ugliness in our hearts destroys us bit by bit each everyday we live, it poisons our soul. If we could all learn to forgive and live life with joy, wisdom, compassion and understanding like Mr Mandela we would all be better for it.

Mr. Wiesel is at of the video 15 seconds , Mr. Mandela at 32 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDOwgFDdYT8

Note* When Nelson Mandela became president of South Africa, 3 of the guards from his time in jail on Robben island were sitting in the first row at his inauguration speech.