Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lets Give Rodin Another Chance

While mom and dad were eating their buffet today I went to a nearby library and stumbled on the Auguste Rodin sculpture shown below in  a book on Henri Matisse. I saw some of Rodin's work when I was in Paris, visited his home etc. I was never really carried away by what I saw but I think that I need to give his art a second or third chance. His sculpture seems. so grand, so noble, so larger than life. It all seems to fit into the "beautiful people" theme I wrote about earlier in regards to my hopes for large format portraiture in Asia. I need to study Rodin, more, I need to try to feel what he felt. Maybe I can learn from Rodin, maybe he will help me develop my own portrait work.

Jean d'Aire Monumental Nude by Auguste Rodin, Photo by Dr. Chester Chu