Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tonight

Well after a nice rest I went to visit my father and we had a nice talk with mom. I guess today in the daytime dad peeled a 10lb bag of potatoes. He wants to get make some pyogies for Christmas and needed the potatoes peeled. I asked dad if he wanted to do another series of large format studio portraits the next time I am off work. If he wants to do another series then we will, if not thats OK also. Dad shaved off his moustache so looks a bit different, he is also thinner than last time round so the photos will be quite different looking. I do not want to burden him to much, the stairs would be difficult for him (my flash studio with white background is downstairs in his home). I will leave it up to him. This would probably be the last time I photograph him in studio if it happens.

Now I am back home and plan to spend the night fine printing and scanning the contacts I made last night. I want to scan all the contacts and then transfer the files to my laptop so I can work on the magazines at work this week. My goal is to make the 3rd mag and redo parts of the first 2 in the coming work week. When I work security at nights I have some time to do that sort of thing. If I can get all 3 mags finished by the end of next week I can order them all together. I am unsure if you can order 3 different mags at the same time to save on shipping or if you have to do each order separately and pay more.

I hope I can also finish up one fine print tonight, a neg I was working on earlier in the week. I also want to start working on a second neg of a young girl sitting in her dump home. I have so much work to do and not enough time for it all.

Dad from our last large format shoot, around March 2014