Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Good Night

On nights like this I feel a great deal of relief, I can work calmly and effectively on my photo projects. When I went to visit my father tonight, I showed him the magazines and we had a nice talk about many things along with mom. Dad was in relatively good shape, his mind was sharp, his memories clear and his over colouring and look was quite good. On Monday he made some pyrogies and others foods for the coming Christmas dinner and today he was talking about trying to make a couple loafs of fresh bread. Dad says the one thing he really misses making is his bread, he was always proud and rightfully so of making many beautiful types of bread. He used to display dozens and dozens of loafs to me proudly before he would take them off to the farmers market to sell.

It was a good day, days like today help me feed my denial, today I feel dad will be with us for a long time yet. Before I hoped for another Christmas together but now I am starting to hope for our joint birthday in April (we share the same birthday). That 83rd birthday is still almost 5 months away which is a very long long time for someone with advanced pancreatic cancer.  Our next birthday is to much to ask for so will I hope we can have one last family Christmas together next month.

Anyway today was a good day for dad and so it's a good night for me.