Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tons Of Film!

Gosh I have tons of film to shoot. I have spent the first two days of my week off doing lots of chores around the house and helping mom and dad a bit also. Today in between the painting, garden and yard cleaning (6 bags of apples so far) I managed to get into my one of my deep freezers in the garage. I have 1 large and 2 smaller horizontal deep freezers and 1 stand up loaded with various types of photo films and papers. I wanted to get some 16x20 RC out one freezer so I could use it to make masks later this week. When I opened up the large freezer I was a bit shocked at how many films had built up. I will post a photo in the coming days but gosh there is a lot of stuff and that's in only one of my 4 freezers. I have lots of photo paper in there as well but still there is one hell of a lot of film.

Now that I am also shooting digital I might have enough film to last the rest of my life. The 5x7 Tri-x was outdated in 2009 so that's getting a tad old I need to get on my horse and shoot that stuff up. It has been frozen since around 2009-10 and I think refrigerated before that time so it should be OK. The tests I have done with this film have yielded perfect results.

Anyway tons of film waiting, I need to get shooting! I did manage to get some RC 16x20 and also found two packages of J&C Fibre which I think is like a Forte paper. J&C went out of business not sure on Forte, hopefully this paper will be OK to print some of the show prints on. I need to use up all my older papers, no use saving them. I will only ever use the fibre papers on exhibition prints so nows the time to use up my stocks. I have an important show, lets use up all the important papers I have been saving for years.