Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ordered One Blurb Magazine

I ordered my exhibition magazine tonight from blurb.ca . The total cost was $15.73 CAD, most of that money was shipping related. Printing the mag cost $4.99, shipping was $9.99 and GST was .75. When you order 2, 3 or 5 mags the shipping cost is not that much more so your paying a premium on shipping for a single magazine. I only bought one today because I wanted to check the quality, see what it looks like. If everything is good I will order 4 or 5 for the exhibition.

There is a 12% discount if you order 20 or more magazines, thou I doubt I will do that. I might have 5 of them at the show marked at $15 a piece meaning I might make $6 or $7 dollar profit per magazine if any sold (doubtful). Larry will have nice printed catolog of images, so I wanted to have something to show people as well. One advantage of the mag is I can show non dump photos in it, to give people a flavour of the other photo series I am working on.

The magazine should arrive on or before November 14, when I see it I can decide what to do next. If the quality is crappy it might end there. What is more likely is that I will make changes and order a second single or possibly several next time around. I am not sure if the pics will be to dark (possibly), to contrasty or have some other issue, we will have to wait and see.