Saturday, October 11, 2014

Non Fiction Book?

My idol Sebastiao Salgado came out with a new book, this time a non fiction book. The behind the scenes stories about the making of some of his most famous photograghs.

Salgado's New Non Fiction Book

This gave me an idea to try and write some sort of non fiction book myself. I could do what Salgado did and just tell the stories behind some of my photographs. I have already done some of this on the blog with the "Picture Story" series. Or I could do a photo biography of the various adventures through the years.

This might all be pie in the sky type stuff, and at best it would be blurb.com time. It does not hurt thou to think this way and to try to do stuff. So many people I know want to do important things but never make the effort, they fail before they begin. If you never try to do big things, how do you know you will not succeed? Even if you do try something large and fall on your ass, who cares, it's through efforts like these that you grow as a human being.

If I am in Asia for 6 months at a time I will need something to do when I am not shooting pictures. Why not try to write a book? I could spend my non shooting times in my room writing on my laptop. This could be loads of fun!

Something to think about.