Monday, October 27, 2014

Link: Truly Great Photo Learning Book "Magnum Contact Sheets"

I got a great new book today from Amazon, called "Magnum Contact Sheets". If I had known how good this book was I would have bought it years ago. I guess its better late then never to find something like this. I did see a slightly different format of this book several years ago but it was manufactured with printed contact sheets in a box, I did not like that layout. I like this version much better as they have  great individual photographs next to the contact sheets they came from in book form. This should be a great learning tool as you can follow the photographers train of thought, follow his compositional choices and flow of the shoot as it happens through the contact sheet. I will study and learn from this latest purchase for years to come. Here is the book and a link to the on sale amazon page, I highly recommend it for you budding documentary photographers out there.

This thing has the potential to be my all time favourite photography book, the learning possibilities are endless.

Magnum Contact Sheets