Wednesday, October 22, 2014

New Type Of Seeing?

Here are two never posted shots that are a bit different for me. I am thinking of putting these pics in the magazine I am working on for the "Life in the Margins" exhibition. I might try shooting this style more with the Ricoh GR-21, higher grain, high contrast, motion-blur and unorthodox compositions. I have been thinking a lot about the quote by Daido Moriyama that I posted a few days back, here it is again.

"At first sight a photograph looks straightforward as it slices off a scene or a moment in time. But the images that photography captures are actually ambiguous. And it's because of this ambiguity that I like photography." 

Muay Thai boxer in Klong Toey boxing gym, Thailand 2013
Burmese baby held by mother in Mae Sot garbage dump, Thailand 2013