Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dads Appetite Improves

Earlier this week dad had a hospital visit where they did some minor work, now his appetite is much improved. The previous week dad was throwing up a lot, now he seems much better. He has cravings for all kinds of foods including cabbage rolls, next week when I am off work I will go buy him some. Today I took dad some sausage, pork hawks (for head cheese), bread, cupcakes and some pork steaks. When I left to go to work dad said to me"Thank you Gerald", it was quite a rewarding feeling to hear him say that. Dad is usually not the kind of person who thanks, he is usually the one who gets the thanks because he is the one always giving. It was a good feeling today to give a little bit back to him and to hear those words. One other bonus of getting dad food is that every time I bring it he wants to eat immediately. Today as I was leaving he was asking mom to cook up the pork hawks.