Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Joys Of Photography

I spent 5 hours or so with Larry gabbing away about various mostly photography subjects before returning home. I wanted to go work in the darkroom but felt tired, I decided to push it a bit and make a 16x20 RC mask of a 2nd negative, taking the 3 children negative out to return to later. Once I got started making those masks thou the excitement of seeing the negs printed large and sharp with beautiful contrast for the first time was intoxicating. I could not stop printing masks of new negs, they just kept coming, one more, no one more, no just one more. The excitement the sheer joy of it all sort of overwhelmed me, the next thing I knew my one 30 minute RC print had turned into around 3 hours and 10-12 masks for 6 different negatives. You got to love photography its so exciting to create and to work in the darkroom. For me photography is pure pure joy, better than anything else. Whether it's meeting the people, entering their lives, making the pictures or printing the photographs, its all so f-ckin wonderful.