Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Old JR Train, Train Station Shots

I was looking through some of my old negs as I am trying to design a simple Blurb book for the upcoming show (Larry's suggestion). I came across these photos which I do not recall making. The pictures were shot on T-max 3200 back in 1999 when I was photographing on the JR train line and stations in Tokyo Japan. This negs, shot in low light seem underexposed and is are very grainy but intriguing. I developed the film after it had sat in a box for 15 years in my darkroom.

I played with the pics in photoshop elements for a while and came up with these. I should be able to create something along this lines in the darkroom as well. Not sure if I will use these in the book, maybe. It is fun to go back and find old stuff like this and bring forgotten moments back to life.

Hmm "Forgotten Moments"! A book title for the future?

Here are the photos mentioned, the photos were made way back in 1999, some of the people pictured may have passed by now. It is like ghosts of their former selves returning, you got to love the power of photography.

Salary men Nikon F5 20-35mm F.2.8 and T-max 3200, Tokyo Japan 1999
Train station, Nikon F5 20-35mm F.2.8 and T-max 3200, Tokyo Japan 1999