Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Friend Jack Comes Through

Jack came through big time. He sent me 2 large boxes of darkroom gear from Prince Edward Island, I picked it up at my friend Larry's shop today. He sent me 10 lens, 3 grain focuser's (two are the expensive high end ones).  I got a bunch of condensers for the Durst 1200 along with diffusion boxes (femobox) and 2 carriers! I even got anti newton glass for the carriers. To bad I am bidding on some glass now and bought another piece for $90 USD recently. I also bought a Durst 1200 carrier for $74 USD. To bad I bought those things Jack came thou and sent me everything I was lacking. I now have 3 carriers and enough glass to make 2 1/2 glass carriers (if I win an auction currently on Ebay).

There were also all kinds of odds and ends in the boxes that will be useful.

- Scissors
- Exacto knife
- Photo paper
- Large Thermometer
- Safelight filters
- 6x9 neg carrier
- Lens tissue
- Patterson printing texture screen
- 2 plastic loupes
- Extra bulbs
- Old style timer and 2 foot switches
- Various cords
- Enlarger lens boards, all shapes and sizes (6 or 7)
- 1 triple enlarger lens board rotating style
- Couple of 4x5 sheet hangers
- Cleaning clothes

One of my favourite items is a big end grain focuser with an extended neck. I will not have to bend down as much and use my monkey arms to focus my new now. Another highlight item is a 240mm Rodenstock enlarger lens with board I can use with the 8x10 enlarger. I also got 2-210mm lens.

I am going to try to set up the condenser head for the Durst 1200 tonight. If that does not work I will revert to the colour head which I know will work.

I have everything I need times 2 or 3. Now its time to use maybe the best equipped darkroom in Edmonton (Alberta?) to do some high end quality printing for the coming group show. I got the negs, I got the darkroom, I got the gear, and I got the photo paper. No excuses lets dive in and print.

PRINT BABY PRINT!

One of the little add ons from the Jack boxes, a super sized thermometer, to use in old age?