Saturday, September 27, 2014

"Exposure Photography Festival" Featured In Canada Art Magazine

Here is a nice article in "Canadian Art" magazine about the "Exposure Photography Festival". I guess there are going to be talks given in Calgary by Mary Ellen Mark and Larry Towell, both of Magnum Photo Agency. I have been a huge fan of Mary Ellen Mark for years and have come to like Larry Towell's work over the last few years. I wish the talks were in Edmonton but I might make go down South to here them speak if I am not working. Larry Louie is mentioned in the same story as these 2 world class photogs, quite heady company. Larry is the best photographer in Edmonton, one of the best in Canada so that is not to big a surprise.

I guess Harcourt House is also going to show work as part of the Edmonton connection to the festival. That's a good catch. Hopefully more local people in Edmonton will join in.

Here is the link:

http://canadianart.ca/news/2014/09/26/exposure-photography-festival/

Update: I read the "Canadian Art" story wrong, I guess MEM and LT were speakers in past years at the festival. I missed out on hearing them, not sure how that happened, but it sucks! This year an accomplished Alberta photographer documentary photographer George Webber from Calgary is speaking along with my friend Larry.