Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dad In Good Shape

Dad was in great shape today, it was almost like he was not sick. I talked with him and mom for a couple of hours, and moved around some furniture to his liking. I shared a bunch of stories with dad and he even told me a few which was nice. He smiled and laughed and seemed healthier, I know that is not the case but it was a welcome illusion. It is fun days like today I will miss so much later on.

I brought over some chocolate milk and some Chinese style chocolate treats, which he tried and liked. Whenever I bring anything over to the house dad usually eats it so I try to bring something each everyday now for him. Sometimes its meat or fruit other times herring, shrimp or fried chicken. Dad loves his sweets so chocolate of any kind is usually a good choice. Because of all the morphine and other medications dad is on his enjoyment of food is not the same as it was but he still likes to eat, so we try to get him whatever he craves.

It was a good day, not sure how many more of these we will have together, but today was good and that's sometimes enough.