Saturday, August 30, 2014

Photographer Daido Moriyama

I borrowed a small book of photographs by photographer Daido Moriyama from the library last week and have become completely fascinated by his imagery. There is a almost mystical power to much of his work shot on the streets of Tokyo and elsewhere. I have no idea what any of the work means but the more and more I look at it the more and more I look at. This stuff has a hypnotic power to it.

Update: I have been laying off buying photo books of late as I am trying to save money to make my own pics in Asia. I could not resist the temptation today and bought 3 lower prices Moriyama books for $45 CAD including shipping from amazon.ca. I will studies these volumes to death, they will probably influence my shooting over the next few years.


Photos by Daido Moriyama
Eric Kim Photo Blog about Daido Moriyama