Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Photos Might Help Those In Klong Toey?

I like emails like the one below which I received today, this is why I make photographs. When your photos might help or contribute to others in need then you really know your on the right path. Possibly helping those in Bangkok's Klong Toey slum with your work makes all the recent arty farty art expert rejections seem so trivial. I hope the work and the piece by this British journalist will be published. I told her that sure she can use the work and that if there is anything else I can do to let me know. If anything positive happens I will post the links later. Here's hoping the pics and article can help those in the slum, maybe raise a bit of awareness, help with donations or help get more volunteers.

The Train is Coming - pics for UK article
Dear Gerry,  

I am a freelance journalist writing a piece about a UK couple (missionaries for UNOH) who are taking their two children to live in Klong Toey to participate in UNOH charity projects. 

I am looking for GVs of the Klong Toey slum and wondered if I might be able to use some of yours? 

At the moment, this is merely a pitch - via an agency (bavmedia.com) - to the nationals, but there is a possibility we might get it in the Daily Mail and Mail Online. 

I am afraid we are unable to guarantee payment but I could mention your exhibition and try hard for a credit?

All the best, 

---- ----
Update* Sent some blog links, offered to send photo scans to K the journalist. It looks like this little project is a go. Hopefully the article and photos get published in a British National newspaper. I would love the story of Klong Toey slum to be seen and heard.