Monday, July 14, 2014

Latest Grant Rejection, That Makes 5?

Just got another grant rejection, this one is a small $750 travel grant. I was accepted for this grant the last time round but not this time, even thou I believed I qualified in all areas. The last grant lead to a major show in the Edmonton area and I also gave credit in all the advertising to the EAC as well as contributing photos (2 or 3?) to their year end funding statement catalogue. I am not sure what I could have done more of to quality, I did everything that was asked of me and a bit more. Maybe they just wanted to give out the grants to all new folks this time, they said in the rejection letter there were a record amount of applicants.

I will have to just soldier on using my security money to fund my photo projects. There are no galleries willing to pay artist fees to show my work, no one interested in buying the photos and no grant money. I earn a bit every month from my workshops and rest of my funds come from security guard duties, that will simply have to be enough. I will have to save as much as I can now, and shoot as much as I can later with that money. The photos will get done no matter it will just be a more difficult and a take more time. Everything will work itself out, determination, dedication and hard work will rule the day, it will allow me to follow my dreams. What the arty farty art expert people decide is beyond my control, but how hard I save and how hard I work at my photography I control. I will make the pictures regardless, I will do this on the own. Full speed forward, move out of my way Gerry is coming through!

:))