Sunday, July 13, 2014

EPS, ESP Meeting

Had an Edmonton Photographer Society, Edmonton Society of Photographers meeting tonight. We all were at Larry's home today in the river valley, had some great food (full dinner) along with plenty of photo and art talk, the last several hours Larry showed his most recent work (all from the last 3 years) shot in Nepal, Bangladesh and the Philippines. Some amazing and powerful photography, with beautiful mysterious light and images that have both form and compositional feeling to them. Plus the overall human factor, which is something I admire most. Photos that are about people and tell the stories of their lives, that communicate the message of who and what they are. These are the most important types of photographs.

The group plans to meet at each members home where the photog shows his work. We have gone through 4 different members now I guess my turn is coming up. I was thinking of how I will do that. Larry did a digital projection show of his work tonight which worked out really well. I think I will create a PowerPoint of the variety of my series over the years. Maybe 5 photos from this project and 5 from that. I can do a running commentary of the pics as Larry did tonight. I would have to borrow Larry's projector as I do not own one. I could also show some fine fibre prints framed and otherwise along with a stack of my 11x14 contacts. I might even show some of the colour photos. It would be a fun night, who does not like talking about their work and I can blab with the best of them.