Thursday, July 17, 2014

Developing Using Rodinal In Thai?

I have been thinking a lot lately of doing film development in Thailand. My standard developer for all my films outside of stand development is D-76. With stand I use Rodinal 1/50. I have been thinking that if I am in Thai D-76 might be difficult to come buy and expensive. Why not use Rodinal especially for the large format sheet stuff which will probably be developed in trays along with all the 35mm stand development. I could probably save the 200ASA Tri-x both 35mm and 120 for later development in Canada but it would be fun to be processing some of the sheet film in Thai. I might have to try that in the coming months here in Canada to see how Rodinal looks with the 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 Tri-x. At 1/50 or 1/100 one bottle of Rodinal might last me 6 months!