Saturday, June 7, 2014

Quotes: Michael Landon (Actor)

"People would do themselves a great favor if they would take the blame for things that go wrong, and say to themselves, I've got to do something about this.' But you can't do anything if you always blame your problems on someone else. You have to say, 'It's my fault, and I'd better do something about this."

I think Michael Landon had it right, you need to take it upon yourself to do better. I can't let all the rejections get me down. I can't blame other people, I need to fix this myself. I need to work harder, devote more time and energy to my photography and improve as an artist. With more effort, more dedication, more hard work, more everything, things will work themselves out. More importantly then all of that, by working and growing I will be able to tell the stories of so many forgotten people. I will be able to meet and learn from them and then try to capture who they are on film. I might be able to give them a voice, what's better than that! It's a frickin awesome why to live my life.

Here is another quote from Mr. Landon

"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows."

Michael is right again, he died of pancreatic cancer at 54, only 4 years older than I am now. We need to grasp opportunities while we still can. I need to get on with making my photos, and telling my stories, maybe I should try to start at 50, quit my job and move forward. If I wait till 54 or 55 who knows what will happen, maybe you get ill, maybe something else happens that pulls you away from your goals. While you can you need to push hard to try and achieve your dreams, there are no guarantees you will reach 51 or 52 or 53.