Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bought More Chemistry

I did a $392 CAD chemical buy yesterday at the one last camera store that supplies darkroom chemistry here in Edmonton. My trips to the store happen less and less nowadays usually 1 or 2 times a year. When I go there I leave with boxes full of various premixed darkroom chemistry. Yesterday's haul included 3 bottles of Iford rapid fix which I hope an August workshop with Kelly will partially pay for.

Here are yesterdays purchases:

1) 20 packages of Kodak D-76 film developer.
2) 7 bottles of Kodak indicator stop bath.
3) 2 bottles of Kodak selenium toner.
4) 3 - 5 litre bottles of Ilford rapid fix.

I just do chemistry buys now, no equipment purchases. I have bought very little new gear over the last 10 years,  my purchases of cameras and lens has dropped significantly. Now almost all my photo buying is chemistry, paper, neg sheets and film. No need to buy any more hardware, it is time to make photos!