Friday, June 20, 2014

35mm Kit?

Playing around with this 35mm kit today, thinking of possibly taking this combination to Thailand.
3 M6 Leica bodies, R6 body, 50mm F1.4, 35mm F1.4, 28mm F2, 60mm F2.8. I also am testing out my more rigid used Billingham bag, last trip I ripped my bag up quite a bit (had it repaired in Bangkok), so am looking for something a bit more sturdy.

Not sure if I need both the 50mm and 60mm lens (close focus), thou the F1.4 could be valuable in low light. Also not sure if I need 3 M6 bodies, 2 might be enough. I would have to include the 21mm F2.8 a lens I have grown to love.

It would be great to just take a single bag of gear like this and 200 rolls of Tri-x and call it quits. I need to shoot the 5x7 thou, so that's a whole bunch of more equipment ("Families of the Dump" and "Khon Thai", "Migrants", "Khon Thai" "Muay Thai Boxers"). I also need to decide if I should take the blad and ring flash to try to do some "Lost Innocence" photographs. I will only have 7 weeks next trip so I might want to postpone some of the projects. Traveling lighter is always a better idea. Less projects and less gear might equal better photographs.

Update* Maybe I should go with 2 M6s and 21mm, 35mm lens plus the 5x7 with the 120mm lens. That is the smallest kit I can imagine and yet still be able to shoot 150 rolls of Tri-x 35 and 250+ sheets of 5x7. This kit would force me to concentrate more on the composition the photographs and less on the toys.

M6 28mm, R6 60mm, M6 50mm, M6 35mm, Billingham bag.