Sunday, May 18, 2014

Photo Story: Nit 48 Sex Worker, Thailand 2009

Khune Nit is a freelance worker in Bangkok I have photographed maybe a dozen times through years, dating back to 1999. I have not photographed here the last couple of years but will go and try to photograph her with the ringflash and blad again next trip. Nit started out in the late 70s as a 16-17 year old working the gogo bars of Patpong in Bangkok, as she has aged she is required to do more and more estreme types of sex and makes less and less money doing so. Nit is a  nice polite lady who has always been kind to me, everytime she sees me she asks if I want to make pictures. I have asked to photograph her at her home with her family (her brother drives a taxi) but have not been allowed into her personal world yet.

Tech stuff, Mamiya C330 twin reflect camera, 80mm lens, Tri-x rated 200, direct flash.

Nitt 48 freelance sex worker, Bangkok 2009