Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dad Visit Makes My Day

I went on a mistaken rant yesterday (that blog will  might back later when the grant is eventually rejected). I removed the rant and added a story on what was really rejected my 5 print Art by Acquisition submission. After I received the letter made my mistake and wrote the rant I went to visit dad, and the below write up is the result of that.

Am in a bit of a better mood now, sorry about my rant. Spent some time with dad tonight, he was better than yesterday. I moved around furniture the way he wanted me to and spent some time talking to him about maybe in the future getting a cheaper condo in Bangkok. It was great to be with dad, the rest of the time I sat in the kitchen working on a iMac editing the video I we will show at his funeral. I told dad of all the things from his life we would be including, his growing up, his years with tour family (pics), videos of his wedding and other weddings (video and pics), his days playing the drums in a wedding band (video and pics), his years at the farmers market (video and pics), his 2 month trip to Thailand with mom (video and pics) and finally a video I am doing up of mom and dad dancing together though the years (married 57 years in July) to a Ann Murray song he loves (video). I want the whole video to run around 15 minutes long, no more than 20 minutes for sure. Dad was happy to hear about all the moments that will be included. It was a good night that cheered me and him up a bit.

Note* Dad always likes to rearrange the furniture in his house, every time I would visit over the years things had shifted and moved this way and that way, this is something that has gone on for decades. Now with dad being to weak to do that sort of thing it has become my job, he lays on the sofa and instructs me on what he wants where. It's something I used to joke about eventually happening many years ago, now it has. Now I am the mover, a sad thing but its also beautiful, I am glad it makes dad happy, the re-arangement will make the next few days for him better. Then we will re-arrange the furniture again and again and hopefully again.