Monday, May 19, 2014

A New Look At Dad

One thing that happens when you photograph someone a lot like I have been doing with dad lately is you try to find a new way of looking at him and telling his story. These images were made with a Hasselblad, 80mm lens, 2 extension tubes and late evening available light. The camera was very close to dad as I was photographing as you can see. I might try this with my wide angle 55mm later if possible.

Update * After studying the work of photojournalist Paolo Pellegrin today I want to try doing some tight blurry head (face) shots of dad on 35mm probably with the R6 and 60mm lens. I will make those over the next few days. If these photos turn out I will take the camera with me to Thai next trip (5 cameras? 2 M6s, 1 R6, Blad, Linhof 5x7).

Dad close #1 May 18, 2014 Canada
Dad close #2 May 18, 2014 Canada
Dad close #3 May 18, 2014 Canada